- How to choose
Outrigger Canoe Paddle can trace its birthplace to Tahiti and Hawaii. Our 1st prototype wooden OC paddle was completely handcrafted by an over 40 years experienced paddler in Tahiti.
During hundreds of tests by different levels of paddlers, we made several key innovations on the OC paddle. The 1st improvement was lowering the bent curve of the shaft. And we adopted a classical water-drop shape for the blade. The last point was that we adopted 12 degrees for the blade angle, which was more laborsaving and more efficient for paddling. Then we got the final version of OC paddle.
As it is favored by more and more OC paddle hobbyist, we use a wider variety of materials, in addition to the full wood, we also offer hybrid carbon and full carbon fiber. Ultra-light and durable carbon OC paddle will be suitable for more people. Both beginners and professional paddlers could find suitable paddles in ZJ.
From more than a decade, ZJ has been constantly innovating and focusing on every detail for your optimal paddling experience.
1. The paddle is made by Hand laying-up, with PMI foam inside, shaped by CNC machine. Cut according to the shape, thickness and size of the blade completely, which can precisely control the weight, size and thickness.
2. The paddle blade's edge is reinforced with carbon fiber filament, which is more resistant to collisions.
3. It is 1-Piece between the shaft and handle, no gap junction, which is more aesthetic and solid.
4. Full carbon fiber made, which is more lightweight but also solid. We have a perfect balance of lightness and strength.
5. 3 K prepreg shaped shaft.
6. The angle between the blade and the shaft is 12 degrees, which is optimal and more scientific. Also, it is more efficient and help you save energy.
7. With Bent Shaft, which is more efficient. It allows the blade to be kept vertical for a longer portion of the stroke, which is where the available power is greatest, moving more water with less effort.
OC-S(23*47cm, 115 sq in),OC-M(24*47cm, 118 sq in),OC-L(24.7*47cm, 120 sq in)
1. Normally ship out within 7 days after receiving your payment.
2. Please kindly note that all the sizes indicated are manual measured, there may be 5MM more or less. If you prefer highly of the exactness, please kindly consider it before ordering. Thanks for your kind understanding.
3. Pls kindly unpack the package and check the paddles in front of the forwarder, pls do not accept the package, not to sign the bill if there is any damage on the paddles, thanks, or we will be not responsible for the damaged paddles, hoping that you may understand it, thanks.
4. All importing fees caused (Tax, duties, etc.) will be at buyer's cost. To help you receive the products without any fees, we will help declare low value to save or avoid the fees. But pls kindly note that we will not be responsible for any import fees if caused. Thanks for your kindly understanding.
ZJ Outrigger Canoe Paddle Sizing Chart
5’0”-5’2” (152-157 cm)
5’3”-5’5” (159-165 cm)
5’6”-5’8” (167-172 cm)
5’9”-5’11” (174-180 cm)
6’0”-6’2” (182-187 cm)
6’3”-6’5” (189 cm-194 cm)
# If you have broader than average shoulders, go to the high end of the range.
#If you have a longer torso than average for your height, go to the high end of the range.
*Paddle Size and Shape
The overall guiding principal is this: the slower the craft the smaller the blade. The strength, fitness and technique of the paddler contribute to craft speed as well as the craft itself and both factor into your choice of outrigger paddle. Understanding how you are going to use the paddle as well as your own experience will help guide you to the perfect paddle.
Hybrid outrigger paddles tend to be the most popular in the racing scene. Whether it is the natural shock absorbing qualities of the wood shaft, or the slightly heavier weight, which makes control of the paddle easier in the wind and surf, the vast majority of hardcore paddlers choose Hybrid outrigger paddles.
Full carbon paddles are lightweight but also solid, which have a perfect balance of lightness and strength.
Comfort is the greatest issue when choosing an outrigger paddle. Generally speaking, the "T" handle on the paddle is usually the most comfortable for any type of paddling.